Did you know? Watermelon is comprised of 92% water, making it a great summertime snack (especially if you’re looking to stay more hydrated)!
During the summer season, it’s even more important to make sure you’re properly hydrated, given that anywhere from approximately 50-75% of your body weight is water. The heat and humidity of the warmer months of the year make it even more critical to replenish that water supply. Generally, we may think of drinking more water when it comes to staying hydrated, but you can also incorporate more water-rich foods into your diet. Who knows – you may already have a few favorites!
1. Cucumbers – comprised of about 96% water, and they’re low in calories!
2. Iceberg lettuce – also comprised of about 96% water, and offers many other nutritional benefits (though not as many as other leafy greens, such as spinach – which is comprised of about 93% water).
3. Celery – comprised of about 95% water, and just two stalks of the veggie provide almost a quarter of your daily values of many vitamins and minerals.
4. Zucchini – also comprised of about 95% water, and packed with many vitamins and minerals that are particularly important when it comes to preserving your eye health.
5. Strawberries – it’s not just many veggies that are packed with a high-water content, as strawberries are comprised of about 91% water. This tasty fruit has also been shown to improve cognitive function.