What is Skilled Swing Bed Hospital Care?
Skilled Swing Bed Care here at Murray County Medical Center is a bridge between acute care and home. This is an opportunity to get the care you need to prepare yourself for more independent living.
Skilled Swing Bed allows patients to have skilled care in a hospital setting until they return home or are discharged to another living setting.
Better Care. Trusted Care. Compassionate Care.
At MCMC, your path of rehabilitative skilled swing bed care stands out from the rest with:
- Very personalized care.
- Therapies are available 5-7 days a week!
- Very spacious and hotel-like hospital rooms. Patients have their own room and bathroom.
- Activities for patients are available including mini-golf, Wii, puzzles and more in our beautiful day room.
- Great food! Many say it’s not your typical hospital food!
How do I get into the Skilled Swing Bed Program?
Once your physician determines that skilled care is needed, a referral will be made to the Swing Bed Care Coordinator/Discharge Planner. The Swing Bed Care Coordinator, with a physician, will arrange patient admission into the swing bed program.
What type of Health Care will I experience?
Upon admission, the physician will visit with the patient and establish a plan of care. The physician may not see the patient on a daily basis. The nursing staﬀ will notify the physician of any changes or other health care needs.
How do I qualify for Skilled Swing Bed?
A patient must meet the following requirements:
- Must have had a consecutive, three overnight acute level care hospital stay and must need some form of skilled nursing or skilled rehabilitation services.
- Be covered by Medicare Part A or private insurance that covers swing bed services.
Examples of skilled care include:
- IV therapy
- Skin & wound care
- Rehabilitation therapy: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Eﬀorts will be made to assist the patient to achieve an optimum level of function and self-care. The goal is to help the patient to return to their home independently or with the help of other community resources. Assistance may be arranged for ongoing support including:
- Home Health Care
- Outpatient Therapies
- Emergency Phone System
- Respite Care, Assisted Living, Nursing Home
Contact: 507.836.1244 or via email at: email@example.com