Our Emergency Department’s mission is to provide emergency services and compassionate care to critically ill or injured residents of Slayton, Murray County and surrounding communities.
Here at Murray County Medical Center, we are a Level IV Trauma and Acute Stroke Ready Hospital. Our emergency providers, registered nurses and specialized department staff who help diagnose and treat a wide range of trauma injuries and illnesses. All ER patients have access to a wide range of emergency services, quick evaluation and protocols for efficient stabilization or transport to another facility for continued care and treatment.
If you are in a life-threatening situation, please call 911.
Our Emergency Room
- Is staffed 24/7 by emergency medical providers and nursing staff with specialized training to treat a variety of emergency situations for all patients ranging in age from infants to geriatrics.
- Is designated a Level IV Trauma Hospital by the Minnesota State Trauma System.
- Is designated as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Uses telemedicine which allows us to provide additional health care from a distance with medical physicians and specialists at Sanford Health in Sioux Falls.
- Our ER providers are Advanced Trauma Life Support certified and our ER staff are CALS (comprehensive advanced life support) certified.
- Has specialized staff (Laboratory and Radiology) that provides emergency testing and treatment including: CT scan, MRI and blood bank services. Anesthesia and Respiratory Therapy staff can be utilized for trauma team activation or airway assistance when needed.
Is in close proximity to a helipad for air transport to another facility for specialty care and treatment.
Emergency Department Entrance
The MCMC Emergency Department entrance is on the west side of the hospital on Ironwood Ave. To ensure the safety of our patients and staff all doors are locked except the main entrance doors.
Main Entrance Hours (East side of building)
- Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Intercom System – Emergency Entrance
There is an intercom system located in the Emergency Entrance that connects you immediately to staff. The doors can be opened by staff to allow entrance to the emergency area.