No ifs, ands or butts about it. These screenings are literally a pain in the preventative rear!
But, with colon cancer being the second leading cause of death in the U.S., they are so important. So, after the dreaded and exhausting prep, there’s no need to sweat a long drive, problematic parking or anything in between. Dr. Snow and his amazing medical team have you covered.
Benefits of having your colonoscopy done at MCMC
- You get the best of the best with GI expert, Dr. Snow, close to home!
- You are not treated like a number here. You are cared for with compassion because you are our community, our neighbor, our family.
- No need to travel far! Trust us, after the dreaded cleaning out and prep, you don’t want to worry about the car ride or any unexpected incidents!
- The colonoscopy procedure is quick and painless. We have the best of the best when it comes to making you comfortable and putting you at ease. You won’t remember a thing and will wake up ready to chow down!
What is Colon Cancer?
Colorectal cancer includes cancers of the colon and rectum. Colon cancer begins as non-cancerous growths or polyps on the lining of the colon which often show no symptoms and can become cancerous over time. The best detection for these precancers is through a colonoscopy where any growths that are found are removed and sent for further testing.
- Adults Ages 50-75: Begin regular colorectal cancer screenings.
- Adults Ages 76-85: The decision to screen for colorectal cancer ages 76-85 should
be an individual one, taking into account your overall health and prior screening
history. Adults in this age group who have never been screened for colorectal cancer
are more likely to benefit.
- Personal or Family History: If you have a personal or family history of colorectal cancer or premature polyps, a screening colonoscopy prior to age 50 may be recommended.
Appointments & Physical
Call 507.836.6153 to schedule your colonoscopy here in Slayton with Dr. Snow.
A physical is required prior to a colonoscopy. Records can be sent from your provider to us and/or you can have your physical done here at MCMC prior to or often times the same day as the procedure.